Free Contest: Win A Free Black MacBook Air
The world’s thinnest notebook looks even thinner in black! Participate in a brief survey for your chance at one of the sleekest laptops on the market. For a limited time, you could claim a 1.8GHz Core Duo Black MacBook Air shipped to you free with FedEx Ground. For simply completing a brief survey, you could be on your way to a FREE Black MacBook Air!
Participate now before this offer runs out. What are you waiting for?
Bejeweled Blitz: How To Score BIG For A Laptop
One of my favorite games on Facebook is PopCap’s Bejeweled Blitz. With only a 1 minute timer, it turns your regular run of the mill gem swapping game into a great personal challenge!
You are able to play against friends and family, without having to send invites or recruit for a crew. Anyone on your friends list who has accessed the Bejeweled Blitz application, will automatically appear on your scoreboard.
Pop Cap also includes a very generous weekly contest that combines all of your friends scores into a team total, and gives you 1 contest draw entry each Tuesday morning based on your team total.
Your draw entry will fall into one of four different prize levels, ranging from a free Pop Cap all the way up to a free Pop Cap Laptop! Qualifying for the laptop entry should be fairly easy if you have a few friends that play at least once weekly. Only 1 million points between you and your friends is required, and with the newest version of Bejeweled Blitz cranking out some huge scores, it’s a snap.
How To Score Big:
I’ve seen rumblings about all the higher scorers being cheaters. Well I can confirm that I am not a cheater and I play a fairly decent game. Here’s a recent score of mine:
That’s not to say that there are not cheaters out there – there is unfortunately in any game, but if you follow these 6 tips provided by the Bejeweled Blitz team, you can score nicely:
1. Try to keep your speed bonus up at all times. With a maxed-out speed bonus every move is worth 1250 points!
2. Multiplier gems apply not only to matches, but also to your current speed bonus. For example, with a x3 multiplier, each match made with a full speed bonus would be worth 3750 points. So once you’ve established a respectable multiplier, maintaining your speed bonus is extremely valuable.
3. Keep an eye out for bigger matches. Look for the opportunity to match 4 or 5 gems. This will create Hypercubes, Flame and Star Gems. These special pieces are instrumental in creating large explosions, which will earn you lots of points, more chances at extra Multiplier Gems and will help mix up the board, potentially making it easier to find new matches. Lost opportunities mean lost points.
4. Matches made lower on the board are more likely to generate cascades. If you’re finding it hard to make matches lower on the board, try creating and using a Hypercube or Star Gem.
5. When you earn a Hypercube, don’t waste it on the first color you see. Try to use it to on the color with the most gems on the screen. Or if you have any multiplier gems on the screen, consider matching it to the color of that gem.
6. The score chart provided on the Game Over screen is a great place to discover strategies of your own. Make sure you take the time to review this chart for your highest scoring games to learn the secrets of your own success.
Go ahead and brag about your best score below!
Digsby: The Must Have IM For Your Facebook Friends
Pulling your hair out keeping up with a dozen different social platforms? We know how you feel!
If you chat or socialize with your friends online, you know by now that everyone seems to be using something different.
Some friends use MSN, while others are using Yahoo and GTalk. You catch updates from family using Facebook, and your favorite actor on Twitter. Most Facebook users are probably fed up with Facebook chat closing, freezing and timing out too! Add to the mix having to login for new mail in you your Hotmail, Gmail and POP email accounts, and I am sure your head spins at times!
Digsby solves all of this.
Digsby combines all your Instant Messengers, email notifications, and Social Networking, all into one simple application.
No more logging into multiple applications every time you turn on your computer. Digsby does it for you. With their recent streamlined upgrade, the amount of resource hogging the application uses has been significantly reduced, giving your computer’s CPU a much needed break.
Current IM’s supported are:
- Facebook Chat
- Google Talk
Instant Email Notifications:
As mentioned above, having to log into numerous email accounts to check for mail can be a daunting task for many. Especially anyone who does any amount of socializing or marketing online. Multiple email accounts is almost a way of life!
Stop wasting time checking. Digsby will do it for you!
At the time of this post, Digsby supports: Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL/AIM Mail, IMAP, and POP accounts.
Now you can easily stay up to date with friends and family, all in one place. No more logging into Twitter, Facebook, or MySpace to check your wall. Digsby does that for you too!
- Customize your look, using a variety of skins and themes.
- Update your Twitter, MySpace and Facebook statuses right from the Digsby platform!
- Supports Twitter retweets to help spread important updates.
- Now supports “Invisible” status on Gtalk.
- Logs all chat history, regardless of the platform.
- Multitask while you chat. Minimize the IM window and you see popups of new IM’s. Best of all, you can reply right from the popup and get back to what you were doing.
- CTRL +F to find anyone on your list, regardless of what service they are using.
The only downfall we have found is that currently Digsby is not available for MAC. Hopefully that is coming soon!
Go ahead and click the Digsby Download link. It’s 100% free and worst case scenario if you do not like it? Simply uninstall it.
DISCLOSURE OF MATERIAL CONNECTION: http://cmp.ly/0